Monday, November 15, 2010

Palin Jumps Shark

For months I have been telling both Palin-despising liberals and Palin-adoring conservatives that Sara Palin is not going to run for President. "She's happy and comfortable in the roles she's carved out as a sideline cheerleader, "I've told everyone. "She has no interest in actually playing in the big game."

Well, now Palin has a reality show. It's some sort of an infomercial for her, and for Alaska.

With this action, I declare that Palin has officially jumped the shark. She's maybe a list or two above Kathy Griffin, but that's it. Do we need a clearer signal to tell us that she's not running? I say no. But I also note that this doesn't  mean that she's through playing coy. It's in the interest of prolonging her appeal to display how serious she is about her important work. So this show could well be the most explicit signal that she's not running, at least for the next 6 months.

I warn you all to stay away from such soul-sucking fare as Palin's show. But if you must watch, keep an eye out for moments where Palin name drops smart people in a sad attempt to signal that she has more than a feeble grasp of a complicated issue that smart people right serious books about. I can't bring myself to keep watch for it myself, but it's a safe bet to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment